I have been enjoying the fresh peaches that late summer brings. While I love some of the fall produce like winter squashes and apples, summer fruits like peaches are delicious and special. Here is an easy sorbet you can make in a minute or two without an ice cream maker that is slightly sophisticated and refreshing. This is perfect to serve at a party or on a summer evening for a delicious, cool treat.
Sparkling Peach Sorbet – Makes 1 bigger serving or 2 smaller servings
- 2 large sliced and peeled peaches, frozen or 3 cups of frozen peach slices
- 1/4 cup or 2 oz of your favorite sparkling white wine or sparkling apple cider. (I used verdi spumante)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of Sugar if peaches aren’t completely ripe. (optional)
1. Freeze sliced peaches for at least 3-4 hours if using non-frozen ones.
2. Add peaches and sparking wine to food processor.
3. Blend ingredients together into everything is fully blended.
4. Taste and add sugar if needed, then blend sugar with peaches and sparkling wine.
5. Serve in bowl and enjoy!
Sorry for the less than perfect picture, this sorbet was not easy to get to look pretty. This is a nice alternative to water ice or a packaged sorbet or sherbet that can be whipped together in just a few minutes.