I am dedicating this one to one of my oldest and best friends Susan who loves honey mustard, which I also happen to like a lot. I am not a fan of mayo and have always enjoyed mustard on my sandwiches, especially spicy and honey mustard. Unfortunately, sandwiches are a rare food for me now since I am gluten intolerant and gluten free bread is expensive and sometimes not very good. However, with this chicken, I can enjoy mustard on something again. Enough of my complaining, here is the recipe:
Honey Mustard Chicken – Serves 4
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
* 1/4 cup of honey mustard dressing (Ken’s is Gluten Free and is what I used)
* 1 tablespoon of spicy mustard
* 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
* Canola oil cooking spray
* 2 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled or 2 Tablespoons of real bacon bits (optional)
1. Put honey mustard, spicy mustard, and black pepper in a small bowl and mix both of them together.
2. Coat chicken with honey mustard mixture one at a time. Make sure the chicken is thoroughly coated. Cover chicken and marinade chicken in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. Spray the pan with cooking spray and put chicken in a large pan over low to medium heat.
4. Cook 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, flipping chicken halfway through.
5. If using bacon, cook bacon for 3-5 minutes in a or until crisp on medium-high heat in a small pan. Crumble bacon if needed after cooking.
6. Equally sprinkle bacon on top of each piece if using bacon and serve. This chicken is perfect as a sandwich on a GF hamburger roll (I recommend Udi’s or making your own) or served with your favorite side dishes. This chicke or use chicken in a salad, sandwich, or wrap with additional dressing. Enjoy!