With the weather cooling down outside, things like meatloaf, casseroles, soups, Chilis, and other warm foods come to mind for meal ideas. This recipe brings the two together and makes meatloaf something you can make for a quick weeknight dinner. I kept it burger consistency while adding meatloaf components to make this burger taste like meatloaf. This burger is also perfect for a easy to assemble meatloaf sandwich.
Meatloaf Burger Patties – Serves 4
- 1 pound of ground meat (can use any kind you like, I used 90% lean ground beef)
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce (check label to make sure your Worcestershire Sauce is gluten free, I used Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce.)
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- Cooking spray or oil (optional, use if using extra lean ground meat)
- Defrost ground meat before starting your recipe.
- Mix Worcestershire Sauce in with ground meat in a mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to ground meat and throughly mix everything together.
- Form meat into 4 burger patties.
- Cook in a large pan or skillet on medium heat for about 10-12 minutes, flipping patties halfway through. They will be ready when they are lightly browned and the juices run brown and clearish. (If using ground turkey or extra lean ground meat, lightly coat the pan with oil or cooking spray).
- Serve on a gluten free bun or gluten free bread with ketchup or on your plate as you would traditional meatloaf. I ate mine on my plate with a baked sweet potato and veggies as you can see below:
Enjoy and feel free to grill or oven bake these if you choose, I bet they would also be great cooked using these methods. Let me know if you try this recipe.