This week I had my first potluck in a long time at work and was at a loss of what to bring that I could easily eat as my meal. I wanted to be a team player and participate, but not starve. This casserole was a great choice and I got many good reviews from my co-workers. I also made this for dinner tonight and my husband told me this recipe is a keeper. I enjoyed this also and am surprised that I never thought to make my own version of this before. Here is the recipe:
Frito Chili Casserole – Serves 8
- 3 cups of corn chips (check label to make sure they are gluten free, plain Fritos are)
- 4 cups of chili (I made my own homemade classic beef and kidney bean chili, you can use any chili you want to use )
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- If needed heat chili up on the stove until the chili is fully heated.
- Put corn chips evenly on the bottom of a 13X9 inch pan.
- Spoon chili evenly over the chips, covering them completely.
- Add cheddar cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Serve and Enjoy! A great meal on its own, a salad can be added on the side also.