With warmer weather finally here, my recipe rut that I was in seems to be thawing out. I apologize for not posting much lately. I also feel happier and ready for lighter dishes that don’t seem so appealing during the cold weather. This fish dish is a great spring dish that goes great with a rice or quinoa dish and various vegetables including spinach as pictured below or asparagus. I made this on one of the nights that my husband had work and had the leftovers the next day for lunch. Very flavorful and tender without being unhealthy. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did, here is the recipe:
Lemon Garlic Dill Tilapia – Serves 4
- 4 fresh or frozen then thawed Tilapia filets (mine were about 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- Extra virgin olive oil cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon sliced into wedges for serving with the fish
- On medium-high heat, heat up a large pan.
- Mix garlic powder, dried dill, black pepper, and sea salt together in a small bowl to make your seasoning mix.
- Coat each side of the fish lightly with this seasoning mix and then with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Once the pan is fully heated (about two to three minutes depending on your stove), arrange your seasoned tilapia in the pan.
- After about three minutes, very gently move fish in the pan to prevent the fish from sticking to the pan.
- Cook fish for another three to four minutes and then gently flip each fish filet.
- Cook four to five more minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Squeeze lemon over the fish and enjoy.