Was trying to come up with a new chicken recipe to serve for dinner. At my house we mostly eat chicken for our meat since eat healthy food at home most of the time, chicken is cheaper than many other meats, and my husband is allergic to fish and shellfish. This chicken is great on its own with or without the cheese served with rice and veggies or can be used in Mexican style dishes such as chicken fajitas, chicken tacos using corn tortillas, in homemade chicken enchiladas, or as part of a homemade burrito bowl. It has flavor, but is mild in terms of spiciness.
Chili Lime Chicken – Serves 4
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 Tablespoons of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat both sides of the chicken with chili powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Spray a small baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Squeeze lime over the chicken.
- Bake chicken in the oven until chicken is heated through , about 20 minutes.
- Flip each chicken piece and top each piece of chicken with 1 Tablespoon of sharp cheddar cheese if using cheese.
- If using cheese, bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!