Here is a chicken recipe that I often make, which goes well with rice and veggies. Also is a great way to spruce up chicken breasts and is great for those who like mushrooms a lot like I do.
Portabella Mushroom Italian Chicken – Serves 4
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/3 cups of sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 Slices of part skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low to medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet, and season with garlic powder, basil, sea salt, and black pepper on both sides. Cook 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, flipping chicken halfway through. Set chicken aside on a plate and cover the plate to keep the chicken warm.
- Stir mushrooms into the skillet, and cook until tender, stirring them with a spoon to cook them evenly. Return chicken to skillet and top each piece of chicken with mushrooms and then with a slice of cheese (feel free to cut slice to fit each piece if needed) . Cover skillet, and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with favorite side dishes and enjoy. Here is a picture of the chicken with brown rice and baby spinach.